Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God knows our needs

WOW! Seriously, wow! Today has been an amazing day. I have been flooded with e-mails, blog comments, text messages, phone calls etc. all day from amazing friends and family and some people I don’t even know. All of them with nothing but encouraging words to say. Thank you seems like such a generic way to express the way I am feeling about all of you. But on the less, THANK YOU! I stand in awe at the amazing people God has brought into my life, weather by family or by friend or by some other way. I Praise God for knowing just what I needed today to get me through the day. I kid you not, every time I sat down at my computer there was a new note from someone saying just what I needed to hear. I hope you all know just how much you have blessed me and my family by all of your encouraging, kind words and generous prayers. God is so good! I have heard from many that they passed our story along to people in their church, their bible study, the prayer chain at their church etc. and this blesses us more then you could even begin to know. Just the thought that literally thousands of people are praying for Baby Israel and our family is such a comfort. I know that God hears each and every prayer and I am so encouraged by the thought of how many prayers He is hearing for Israel and our family. We are believing in faith that God will hear our prayers and heal our baby completely! We serve an awesome God and He continues to reveal Himself to me in new ways every day.

THANK YOU GOD FOR MY FAMILY, FRIENDS AND PARTNERS IN PRAYER!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dearest Becca!!!!
Our God is an Awesome God...He reigns from Heaven Above...with Wisdome Power and Love...Our God is an Awesome God!!!
When I layed eyes on this Email, I felt like I was in a "spiritual twilight zone", but then the spiritual realm of life is so filled with the super natural mind boggling events that natural people don't ever get to share the miraculous endings to...because they don't know the God that "we know", who knows no limits to what He can do!!!!!! He is the same...yesterday today and forever...and the scripture that we base our lives on is the Truth, the whole Truth, and nothing but the Truth, and He is displaying that in the life of Israel David!!!
If He can raise the dead and give sight to the blind, then it is no problem to put Israel's body back together again!!! He did it over and over again in the Bible, and He is doing it for YOU!!! There is "NOTHING" too hard for our God!!!
Our church is praying for you, and our family as well, and all the employees at Love Inc. where I also work for God!!!!
I am so thankful that my neice knows and serves a God who specializes in MIRACLES!!!!!!!!!
I Love YOU with all my heart!!
Your Aunt Karen

The Edelbrocks said...

It is so awesome to see you loving and serving our God! It has been so long since we have talked... like over 10 years, but so much has changed and I am blown away by your faithfulness. You are such a blessing, Becca. Continue loving and following Jesus.

Jeremiah 29:11

Jamie(LaDuke)Edelbrock

Lisa said...

Becca & Jon:

Your faith is a testimony in itself. I was thinking about your situation and Isreal David. As I was thinking, the study of law that I am going through, and God's law clashed in a big way. As I was thinking about if I could have the kind of faith that you have, I thought about what Israel David means, "Remember Beloved" or "Remember the man after my heart." Spoken in those terms, I had to drop to my knees and I was reminded that my mind, trained by man in a law school, is no where near the mind of God. My human mind places things in boxes and catagories. God just says remember my promises.

Israel David will be a living, walking rememberance of God's promise. A treasured child, a treasured man, by virtue of the fact that his parents focus their strength, faith and belief on God.

I will be praying for your family.

Blessings, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Becca and family,

You have no idea who I am, but I saw your blog and I want to tell you that I have experienced how the Lord works miracles greater than we can imagine and He hears our every whispered prayer. My sister was in a car accident on Sept. 12th, 2008 and by all accounts should be home with her Lord, but that was not His plan. During our 7 weeks in the ICU at OHSU we have met several other families with seemingly less sick family who have passed, yet Kristin fights on with a severe brain injury and damage to her arms. The simple fact that she made it to the hospital is a miracle in itself, but to see her smile and squeeze my hand last night is nothing short of proof that our God is an Awesome, miraculous God. And I knew from the first moment that He was holding her because I never have felt doubt that she will be ok.
For me this experience has revealed God's plan for my life, not what is to come, but why I went through what I did....It was all for this moment. You will find that the gift God gives you in Baby Israel is greater than no other and that it is all in His plan. The Lord will never give you more than you can bear and do not doubt His reasons for these hurdles, sometimes perfect love comes in imperfect packages. This "devestation" will turn to Joy and Praise.
I will be praying that God's will prevails and that He guides the doctor's and nurse's hands that will help care for your family.

Erica said...

What an awesome God we serve! He is always faithful to give us just what we need and right when we need it. Its so neat that he uses His people, broken vessels to be His hands and feet.

We are believing in Israels healing with you, praying for peace, grace, and courage as you face each new day.