Thursday, March 18, 2010

One Year

One year ago today!
March 18, 2009

I headed up to Portland for a routine (for this pregnancy) doctors visit. My sister Melanie joined me this time while Jon stayed home with Rachel and Jaxon. I had my routing ultrasound to check the heartbeat and fluids. Then saw my mid-wife. She talked for a bit and then said “So how is today for having a baby?” My face lit up with joy as I questioned here why. She informed me that the amniotic fluid level was too low and that Israel needed to come today! Hooray! She sent me home to gather my things (And to get Jon!) and we headed back to Portland to be induced! They started me on pitocin around 3:30 and contractions started right away. They were very manageable for quite awhile. Around 8:00 I was dilated to a 7 and they broke my water. Things picked up right away after that. After about 30 minutes of strong contractions (and absolutely no drugs the entire time!)and two pushes (About 6 total hours of labor), little Israel David was born.


He was born at 9:29pm, weighed 7 pounds and was 19 3/4 inches long. I got to pull him out and put him directly on my chest. There was a whole crew of people on standby incase he was having difficulty breathing. But by the grace of God they were all there for nothing less than to witness the miracle God did in Israel. He came out crying and screaming breathing with absolutely no problems what so ever. THANK YOU JESUS!!!


The neonatologist asked if he could borrow him for just a short bit to ensure everything was fine. About a minute later he handed him right back to me and said he is great, no problems what so ever. It was humorous as we watched the NICU staff take all the TONS of unnecessary medical equipment that they so carefully brought in earlier, back out of the room, all unused! That's the awesome power of our God! He started nursing wonderfully and sleeping great! We were so delighted and overjoyed to finally have our miracle here with us!


And now…one whole year later…ISRAEL IS 1 YEAR OLD!
My of my how a year changes things! I can honestly say that this was one of the fastest years I can ever remember experiencing!
Israel, You are amazing! One year ago, I held you in my arms for the first time, and I was changed forever. I could never fully express the way I feel for you, because I honestly don’t think there are enough words. You have touched my life and changed who I am, and for that I am so blessed! I look at life through different eyes now, trying never to take anything for granted. I marvel at even the smallest of achievements, not looking for the big things anymore, but taking delight in the small. I fall more and more in love with you every day precious boy and I am honored to be the one chosen to be your Mommy.

4 comments:

The Edelbrocks said...

What a hansome boy! Happy Birthday!

littlecbsmom said...

Wow, his little face matured SO much in that last month...what a difference!

Great story of the big day and I love the pictures!

What an awesome God we do serve and what an awesome privelage He has given to you and Jon!

Happy 1st Birthday Israel!!

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog. This year has really flown by & everytime i see little Israel's picture i wished i could give him a big hug. He is so precious & has precious siblings & parents.

Anna Ball said...

Dear sweet boy! What a blessing you are to sooooo many! Your smile and your playful heart is such a treasure! I can't wait to see what God is going to do in and through you! Happy Birthday Izzy!!!