(Facebook post from 10:30 am) Here we go again with the Izzy Updates...sad! We are on our way to Doernbechers to be admitted. They are going to do an MRI of his knee, draw fluid from it, place a new PICC line and do labs. I was told to pack our bags and plan to stay a while. Not sure exactly how long that is...but I'm sure I will learn soon enough. Depending on what the MRI shows they may have to do another surgery. They are thinking the bone is now infected :-( thanks for all the love and support!
(New update on to my blog at 9:30 pm) Izzy update #1: (Lol…not sure what to number the updates so I decided to just start over at 1. Also I had a big update written when I finally had a few minutes and the computer froze and I lost it. So, sorry for the delay) We finally got in a room around 4:00 (After waiting 4 hours). We met with tons of doctor people as usual and got a plan in place. They gave him a shot of antibiotics that they warned me was slow and painful. At that time they also drew fluid from his knee for testing. Both of these were awful as he was fully awake and aware and without pain meds. I cried right along with him. It took about 30 minutes to get him to calm down and relax afterwards. I insisted on strong pain meds at that point and they gave us Tylenol. I’m still fighting them to give us something stronger but they won’t! Now they are going to put an IV in his head and draw blood and start fluids, antibiotics and other things. Once they know more from the labs they will decide if they are doing surgery tonight or tomorrow and to what extent. They will also know if the infection has indeed reached his bone or just still in the joint. Tomorrow they will sedate him and put in a PICC line and do an MRI. I have been by myself all day and I’m not doing very well and struggling to keep it together. I broke down with Izzy and we both cried in each other’s arms. I was sobbing and telling him how much I love him and how proud I am of him and such things. After a bit he looked at me, held my face and said “Mommy, be brave.” Oh my heart! I told him I would be brave for him if he would be brave for me. I called Jon and told him I can’t do this alone. He is here now and with Izzy as he is getting the IV put in. I am in the quiet lobby trying to relax my busy mind and still my anxious heart. Trusting that God has it all under control…even though I feel so very out of control with it all right now. I will keep you posted as I can…but haven’t had more than a minute or two to stop and do much of anything else.