Friday, April 8, 2011

Seattle

Oh a whim, I got a phone call from a friend asking me if I wanted to be spontaneous and go to Seattle for the weekend. Mind you...this was Friday mid morning! Our hubby's had other plans for the weekend, so it would be the two of us plus our 5 (together) kids! I said YES! I quickly packed our things, rushed the kids in the car and headed up (Its a 4 hour drive from where we are at). We stayed at an awesome hotel across the street from the Space Needle. The kids swam in the pool for hours, jumped and wrestled on the bed (until someone got hurt), stayed up VERY late, ate way to much fast food, went to the Space Needle, enjoyed the Seattle Children's museum, and made lots of wonderful memories. I threw out the "rule book" and we did things I would never let them do at home! And guess what...we had a BLAST! I need to remember to do more things like this because my kids couldn't thank me enough during the weekend.




No comments: