Monday, November 30, 2009

More Doctors Appointments

I am sitting at Doernbecher's Children's Hospital in the waiting room as I type this post. We are here for Israel's Pre-Opp appointment. We have been to two of our three appointments here today. They are basically going over all of the legal stuff, signing papers, going over everything that could possibly happen etc. We are all here...Jon, the three kids and myself. Thankfully they have been pretty good about being on time today, which is wonderful! Last time we were here for well over 4 hours! That makes for a long day with a baby who needs to nap!

Israel's surgery is scheduled for December 30th in the morning. If you aren't sure what I am referring to...Click Here for more details on an earlier post. I am feeling pretty good about everything, and thankful that his surgery is so minor, comparatively to what it could possibly be. The doctors are hopeful about the positive outcome and honestly, I am just looking forward to the surgery being a thing of the past!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Becca, I remain in awe of the miracle that little Izzy is. That picture of him holding his bottle is precious [my 11 month old niece does not hold her own bottle;)]. Seems that Izzy is like the Little Engine that Could, astounding all the others who did not think that it could be done. What a precious little man and a true gift.