Thursday, June 21, 2012

Music To My Ears

We had a one year follow up appointment with Israel's oral surgeon recently, and the words she said were truly music to my ears...NO MORE SURGERY!!! She was beyond thrilled with Israel's tongue movement and speech! She said she can't see any reason for surgery anytime soon, and possibly ever again. Hearing this was almost unbelievable to me, because when he was born we really had no idea how many surgeries he was going to need. I had kind of prepared myself for a surgery every year. It was wonderful to not have one this year...and the thought of never having to experience that with Izzy again is thrilling. It was so had to watch him go through surgery and the recovery process. We were very blessed with an amazing pediatric oral surgeon who did amazing work and has played a huge role in our lives. While I will miss seeing her because she is just a truly wonderful person, I'm excited for the reason we don't get/have to see her anymore! I am also so happy that Izzy's surgeries were done when he was so young and he will have no memory of them, except for the pictures we took :-)
(Izzy is pretty excited about this too...ok he actually has no idea what I'm talking about...but someday he will and I expect he will be excited...lol!)

1 comment:

Sharon de L said...

Becca, this is very thrilling! Nothing holding Izzy back now but time and practice . . .

Thanks for the great news!

Just enjoy summer -
Sharon :)