Thursday, June 24, 2010

Baby Fingers & Baby Toes

I miss them...I want to kiss them...and hold them...and I won't ever get to do that with Israel. Makes me sad I took Rachel & Jaxon's for granted, just always assuming they would be there on any baby I had. If I would have known I would have kissed theirs a lot more. I would have held them longer. I would have taken more pictures of them. I would have bought more shoes. I would have cherished every time I had to clip their nails. I would have played this little piggy every night. I would have held their hand every time they asked...and even when they didn't ask. I would have painted Rachel's nails more. I would have cherished all the hand prints on my windows and walls and not been so quick to wash them off....and never taken them for granted.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I love you, Becs.

Ann Marie Walsh said...

I think you should read the post on this blog called 'Welcome to Holland' http://www.noahsroad.com/. They are in a completely different situation, but it helps put things into perspective. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lisa said...

Thank you for reminding me of what I take for granted.

Jenna said...

It happens to all of us, allt he little things we just expect-expecting my next little boy with 2 legs and 2 feet, its weird-really weird-I dont know anything but 1 leg-I think there a lot I still take for grated and I need to slow down, and appreciate it all. Im sorry friend-I know it hurts

Madison Sanders said...

You can always start loving on them more today. :) Don't be so hard on yourself.