Thursday, January 17, 2013

Trusting God for a Wheelchair

I posted this status on my Facebook account yesterday :

Wheelchair update for Izzy: We had an appointment at Shriner's today and got some discouraging news. We have been told Izzy is literally on the worst insurance in all of Oregon (He is on disability insurance and we don't have private insurance) and they have refused to agree on terms on a contract for providing wheelchairs for any of their clients. So we will receive absolutely no funding for hi...s chair. The one we need to get for him costs around $4000.00! I was told if I bought it with no insurance coverage I may be able to get the cost down closer to $3000.00 however that is a chunk of money we don't have sitting around. If you could please be in prayer for us regarding this situation we would be VERY grateful!

...and I was overwhelmed with the response I got from family and friends who wanted to donate. I didn't ask people to donate, they just offered and have already put checks in the mail. Wow! But you know what? I shouldn't be surprised. Do you remember this post where the same things happened when we needed to purchase a gait trainer for Izzy? It was outstanding how many people reached out and blessed our family beyond words! We raised $2000 in just 5 short days! People from all over the world (literally!) gave. Some we knew and many we didn't. It was a beautiful experience for our whole family (and I'm pretty sure for those who gave as well).

So here we are, once again humbling ourselves, realizing that asking for help isn't such a bad thing (even though it can be hard) and receiving donations to purchase a wheelchair for our precious boy. Please do not feel obligated to give. But if you feel led, there is a button on the right side of my blog, close to the top, that will direct you to PayPal where you can safely and securely make a donation of your choosing. I will have a "Donation Thermometer" and will update it regularly as donations come in and I will keep you posted with how things are going.

Izzy thanks you in advance for selfless act of love and kindness!

(The rest of us do too!!!)

No comments: